Slapilicious Cedar Plank Salmon
Our Slap Yo Daddy meat rub is very versatile and works well on seafood and fish. For many years, I’ve thrilled guests with an easy and healthy way to serve a super moist mouth watering salmon roasted on top of a cedar plank. The smoky aroma of the cedar as it chars during the cooking process perfumes the salmon without overpowering the delicate fish which is chock full of healthy Omega-3 oils. This recipe is fast, easy, and delicious! Even if you don’t have a smoker, a cedar plank will work well in an oven.
Author: Harry Soo
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 2 to 4
- One 2-3 lb salmon filet skin on (for a special treat, I like to cook Copper River Salmon when it’s available
- in stores a couple of weeks each year; if not, wild salmon is preferable to farmed salmon)
- 1 ½ tablespoon Lower Sodium Slap Yo Daddy Meat rub
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cedar plank about (6” X 12”)
- Coat salmon with melted butter.
- Lay skin side down on cedar plank.
- Apply a medium layer of 50-50 SYD mixture of rub and brown sugar on the meat side of the
- Roast the plank and salmon in charcoal or gas grill by putting the cedar plank over the heat
- source hot enough to cause it to smolder but not to burn. If the plank starts to catch fire, spray
- some water to douse the flames and move it to a cooler spot on your grill.
- Roast until salmon is done to your liking. I like my salmon medium rare which is about 6-10
- minutes on my grill depending on the thickness of the filet.
- Remove when done and drizzle with more melted butter I sometimes make a compound butter
- at this stage by mixing grated zest of lemon, finely chopped garlic, parsley, cayenne, and black
- pepper into a stick of butter. Spread the butter on top and watch it melt all over your salmon.