BBQ Moink Balls
Moink balls are sure conversation starters that are tasty and fun to make during your parties. The “moo” comes from the beef ball and the “oink” comes from the bacon. To make it easier on yourself, get a bag of cooked frozen beef balls. Of all the meatballs I’ve tested, the best one for moink balls is a $5.00 bag from Walmart. Look for the Great Value package of meatballs in the Walmart frozen section. While you’re there, get two packs of Great Value thin bacon and a pack of toothpicks.
Author: Harry Soo
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 32 oz frozen cooked meatballs (Walmart Great Value brand)
- Two 16-oz packages of bacon (Walmart Great Value brand)
- Pack of toothpicks
- SYD Hot Rub
- Cayenne pepper
- Maple Syrup or fav BBQ sauce for dipping
- Semi-thaw the meatball and wrap it with bacon and hold in place with a toothpick and dust with some SYD BBQ rub. Sprinkle some cayenne pepper if you like your moinks spicy.
- Cook on the top grate in a 300 degree pit with some apple wood to provide flavoring smoke.
- Remove when bacon becomes crisp and drizzle with some maple syrup or your favorite sweet BBQ sauce to have some sweet to balance the salty bacon. A $5.00 bag of meatballs makes enough appetizers for about 10 persons. A great yield if you’re doing catering.