Mac Daddy and Cheese
In my opinion, BBQ is not complete without star side dishes such as Mac and Cheese. I prefer to make my version from scratch instead of the store bought kind where you just add milk and butter. Try my easy recipe and you will be rewarded with the satisfaction that you made it yourself and your family will love the sour cream cheesy flavor.
Author: Harry Soo
Recipe type: Side
- 1 stick sweet cream butter
- 1 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 pint half and half
- 8 oz container sour cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 ¼ lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Slapilicious cornbread crumbs (or 1 cup bread crumbs)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Cook elbow macaroni in salted boiling water. Remove and drain while macaroni are still bit firm and el dente. Put into a skillet or baking dish. Reserve 1 cup pasta water
- Melt 1 stick of butter in saucepan under medium heat. Add flour and cook into a roux
- Stir in sour cream and half and half. Stir well
- Add cheese and whisk until completed dissolved.
- Thin the cheese mixture with the reserved pasta water to get the consistency you like.
- Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta and top with some Slapilicious cornbread crumbs mixed with the ¼ cup melted butter
- Bake in 400 degree oven until topping is browned