Slapilicious Spicy Shrimp Boil
Whenever I’m in the mood for a spicy shrimp boil, I know I can whip up something delicious in minutes using my SYD Hot rub which contains a good dose of cayenne pepper to give the boiled shrimp that special extra kick. It’s great for sharing with friends or feeding a lot of folks in a party. Add some newly shucked fresh corn and spicy Andouille sausage for some carbs and veggies and you’ll have a complete meal in no time at all. If you want more starch, you can add boiled red potatoes with skin on. You can cut down on the garlic if you’re kissing someone later.
Author: Harry Soo
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb head-on shrimp (serves 2, double or triple the recipe as needed)
- 2 links your favorite spicy Andouille sausage
- 1 head of corn, shucked, and cut into 4 pieces
- Boiling liquid
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons SYD Hot Rub (use SYD Original w 1 tsp cayenne, or substitute with 1 part Kosher salt, ½ part black pepper, ½ part chili powder, ½ part paprika, 1 part sugar, ½ part garlic powder, and ⅛ part cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Finishing spices
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoons SYD Hot Rub
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- Rinse shrimp. Cut off antenna. Drain.
- Boil 6 cups water. Add 4 tablespoons SYD Hot rub and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Add corn to rapidly boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or desired tenderness. Remove
- Add Andouille sausage and cook for 1 minute if it is already cooked or if uncooked, follow the package instructions. Remove
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until just a tad underdone (it will be finished in the saucepan). Remove
- Heat 3 tablespoon of salted butter in large saucepan under medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic. Saute until garlic is tender but before it gets brown.
- Add cooked shrimp, corn, and Andouille sausage. Season with 1 tablespoon of SYD Hot Rub and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Add more SYD Hot Rub if you like it to be spicier
- Toss to evenly coat the shrimp, corn, and Andouille sausage.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.